Keeping everyone safe and healthy is our highest priority at the YMCA of Greater Brandywine.
- What policies and procedures do I need to be aware of when using the wellness center?
- No food is allowed in the Wellness Center and/or Weight Rooms. Drinks must have lids. Water bottles are allowed.
- To protect everyone's health and safety, members are required to wipe down all equipment after use with the cleaning materials provided.
- Machine and equipment usage is limited to 30 minutes when others are waiting.
- Only YGBW staff members are permitted to offer personal and small group training onsite. No one else may use our wellness centers or facilities to provide personal or small group training services.
- Are there any policies specific to youth when using the wellness center?
Youth must be at least eight years of age to use the wellness center. Additionally, youth ages 8 to 14 must complete a fitness orientation(s) prior to using the wellness center. Please see a wellness attendant to schedule the needed orientations. After completing the orientation(s), youth will receive their designated wristband, which must be worn at all times while in the wellness center.
- Ages 8-11 (orange band) - Youth with an orange band may use the cardio equipment, resistance bands, medicine balls, stability balls and the stretching area. Additional equipment may be available at each branch so please speak to a wellness attendant for more information. Youth ages 8-11 must be with a parent/guardian over the age of 18 at all times while in the wellness center.
- Ages 12-14 (purple band) - In addition to the equipment listed above for those with an orange band, youth with a purple band may also use the selectorized strength equipment (not including cable rigs). Youth ages 12-14 may workout independently from a parent/guardian when using equipment designated for those with a purple or orange band. If using free weights, youth with a purple band are to be working side-by-side with a parent or guardian over the age of 18.
- Ages 15 and up - May use all areas of the Wellness Center.
- Members must be 15 or older to use the Power Conditioning studio at our Upper Main Line YMCA facility.